INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (IMI-B)
International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar (IMI, Bhubaneswar) is a premium business school located in Bhubaneswar, the capital of eastern Indian state of Odisha. IMI, Bhubaneswar carry forwards the rich legacy of IMI, New Delhi which is India’s first corporate sponsored B-School and enjoys a formidable reputation in the field of management education in India.
Campus and Faculty:
The new 16-acre campus designed by an internationally known architect has aesthetic exteriors, wide-open spaces and large well-appointed classrooms, syndicate rooms, multi-use auditoriums, state-of-the-art Library & Computer Centre along with a fully equipped MDP Centre. IMI, Bhubaneswar commenced classes for the first batch of PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management) approved by AICTE in August 2011. The institute is known to carry out research and development and Management Development Programme (MDPs) activities in association with various companies.
Shri. Sanjiv Goenka (Chairman of RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group) is the chairperson of IMI, Board of Governors and there are many other notable personalities associated with the institute. Prof. Ramesh Behl is the current Director of the IMI, Bhubaneswar. It offers admission through CAT, XAT, CMAT examinations.
The IMI-K Advantage
Branding Committee-The Branding Committee is here to take care of all the admission related discussions, queries and suggestions from and to the prospective students. Through the committee, the IMI-B family tries to help prospective students have a clearer picture of their future and guide them through the process.
E-Cell-Entrepreneurship cell is a platform for the students to develop as future leaders. This cell has already opened a corporative store within the campus and is providing constant service to the students. The cell has also sponsored various in-house events through its profits.
Sparx– Sparx is an attempt to bring the best brains of the state together for a competitive and healthy development. The objective is to supplement the academic learning with inputs from developments and day to day happenings in the industrial forefront and help people develop an acumen for the same. It will encourage students to achieve academic excellence and increase their awareness of the world around them by creating interest among them for the pursuit of trivial knowledge. It will empower students with new understating of what has been, what is now and what can be.
To be eligible for admission to the PGDM Program, the participants must possess a Bachelors degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities for admission to post-graduate programs. The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent. Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor’s degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by September 28, 2017. Candidates who are unable to comply with this requirement may be asked to withdraw from the program. It is desired that candidates complete all academic requirements before joining the program to enable them to keep pace with the rigour and internal assessment schedule of the program.
Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2016/XAT 2017 /CMAT 2017 examination or furnished valid GMAT score and have applied to IMI Bhubaneswar will be shortlisted on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT/XAT/CMAT (sectional and overall) or GMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process.
Following documents are required to be submitted along with application form:
- Mark List of Class X
- Mark List of Class XII
- Mark List of Graduation (all years/ semesters)
- Scorecard of CAT/GMAT/XAT/CMAT whichever applicable
- Work Experience certificate (if applicable)
- Two passports sized colour photographs
- Graduate Degree equivalence from AIU for NRI Students
Note: All rules regarding selection are common to the PGDM Programmes. Please feel free to call the admission help desk for any queries at the following numbers:
Mobile : +91 9339344436
You can also email us at [email protected] or visit the website www.edubuddy.in
- IMI, Bhubaneswar is consistently ranked among the ‘Top Private B-Schools’ in India. The institution was awarded as a Management College of the Year-2015: Academic Reputation by Higher Education Review (HER) Magazine, ranked Amongst Top-4 Best Emerging B-schools by National HRD Network (NHRDN)- People Matters B-School Survey, awarded as an Outstanding B-School of Excellence by Competition Success Review (CSR) Ranking for B-Schools 2015, ranked Amongst Top-4 Best Emerging B-Schools by Business World, ranked Amongst Top-10 Emerging Business Colleges in India by Silicon India.
- IMI, Bhubaneswar has also been ranked in various magazines such as- Beyond IIMs B-School Survey for Higher Education Review, 7th Chronicle B-School Survey 2016, MDRA- Business Today Survey, Global Human Resource Development Centre (GHRDC) B-School Survey, All India B-School Survey by Business & Management Chronicle, Digital Learning Magazine, etc.
Intrance Exam Accepted:
CAT/ CMAT/ XAT
60 % in academic & 60 %ile in enterance exam
Application Form Charge:
Initial Registration Fee:
Fooding and Lodging Charges:
A/C : Single : Rs. 1.25 lac p.a; Twin : Rs. 75, 000 p.a. Non- A/C : Single : Rs. 89, 000 p.a.; Residential : Rs. 45, 000 p.a. Food: Rs. 4, 5000 p.m.
The institute has the provision for awarding the following scholarships and rewards to the deserving performers:
- Merit scholarship: Up to Rs. 1 lakh for applicants having a first-class career and securing at least 75 percentile in CAT/XAT/CMAT and at least 75 percent in GMAT.
- Merit scholarship for women candidates: 20 percent additional merit scholarship for female applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria.
- Defense personnel: Wards of defence personnel are eligible for a scholarship of Rs. 50,000.
*Only one of the above mentioned pre-admission scholarships can be availed. 50% of the scholarship availed will be disbursed at the end of the first year and next 50% at the end of the second year of the
- Rewards for the excellent Academic Performance during PGDM. Rupee 1 lakh cash scholarship for each student based on academic performance above a threshold level.
- Rewards for outstanding Summer Internships.
Axis Bank, Bajaj, Bank of India, Bercos, TATA Motors, Polaris, Firstsource, Videocon, Aditya Birla Group, Ernst & Young, Ceat , SAIL, Coca-Cola, HT Media, Havells, Kotak Securities, Mahindra Finance, Mastercard, SBI Life Insurance, Spencers, Evalueserve, Philips, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank, Godre , Capgemini.
- Total enrollment :
- Undergraduate/graduate ratio :
- No. of international students :
- % of international students :
- No. of faculty :
- Student faculty ratio :
- No. of staff :
- Annual revenue :
- Amazing Compass
- Residential Hostel
- Industry focus learning
- Teaching skills