KIRLOSKAR INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED MANAGEMENT STUDIES (KIAMS)
Kirloskar Group Of Companies, one of the largest industrial conglomerates in India, has been growing and enriching lives for more than a century now. KIAMS was conceived as a training institute and knowledge hub in 1991. It was envisioned as a learning centre where Kirloskar Group managers shared their expertise, experience and kept up with the latest concepts and movements in Management. In 1995, the training institute was opened to managers all over the country.
Campus and Faculty:
The KIAMS Advantage
Industry Visits– In the first term to help students have a glimpse at the ground realities of the world of Business. It will also help them to relate classroom teaching to the processes and practices they have looked at during the visits.
Business Immersion– This is the highlight of the industry experience at KIAMS. It is a long 20-week internship with a corporate or empirical research projects under faculty guidance. The long internship is expected to provide fresher as well as experienced candidates a practical exposure and hands-on experience in the area of their specialization.
The Long internship will help students make a mark in the industry resulting in more confidence during placement interviews. It will also help them to perform from day1 once they are placed. Thereby reducing the initial training period.
A bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 OR 10+2+4) in any discipline from a recognized university, with not less than 50% overall aggregate marks. Students appearing for the final year examination may also apply.
The Institute considers CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT scores for admissions to its PGDM (equivalent to MBA) programme. Based on merit, candidates who qualify on various parameters (CAT/ MAT etc. scores, graduation scores) will be called for Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Written Test to be held at KIAMS Campus and possibly other cities in India.
The admission is based on the following parameters:
Previous Academic Performance – Candidates’ academic performance at the undergraduate level, 12th and 10th levels will be reckoned for consideration for admission.
Written Test – Candidates will be given a situation to assess and give their response. Time allowed for the test will be for a maximum of 15 minutes.
Group Discussion – The group discussion is generally held for about 25 minutes in which a maximum of 10 candidates participate in each group and interact with each other on a given topic. The candidates are evaluated by a panel on their initiative, logical content, group behaviour, communication etc.
Personal Interview – It is a one to one interview between the candidate and a panel for about 10-15 minutes in which a candidate is evaluated on his personality, communication ability, functional knowledge, general awareness, orientation for management course etc.
During personal interview candidate may be asked about his/her background, strengths and weaknesses, career objectives, reasons for joining PGDM (equivalent to MBA) course, subjects studied at undergraduate.
Following documents are required to be submitted along with application form:
- Mark List of Class X
- Mark List of Class XII
- Mark List of Graduation (all years/ semesters)
- Scorecard of CAT/GMAT/XAT/CMAT /MAT whichever applicable
- Work Experience certificate (if applicable)
- Two passport sized colour photographs
- Graduate Degree equivalence from AIU for NRI Students
Note: All rules regarding selection are common to the PGDM+MBA Programmers. Please feel free to call the admission help desk for any queries at the following numbers:
Mobile: +91 9339344436
You can also email us at [email protected] or visit the website www.edubuddy.in
Campus and Faculty:
Campus– As KIAMS believes in grooming individuals into well-rounded leaders and successful professionals, the learning experience extends well beyond the classrooms. In fact, the vibrant campus life is a magnet for students who come to KIAMS from all over the country. From state of the art amenities at the hostel to a fully equipped library, sports facilities and platforms for extracurricular activities, KIAMS has it all and more for its students. They are also offered plenty of opportunities in the form of activities and initiatives to showcase their talents that are organized at the Institute, helping them lose their inhibitions and gain confidence.
Kalasanchay, the cultural wing of the institute brings students from diverse backgrounds closer and harnesses their various talents. Ashwamedha – the Sports Committee introduces vigour in its approach and encourages students to put their best step forward in different sporting arenas. Operacy and Pragati – The Rural Marketing Fair are other important initiatives that work towards the holistic development of students. With its Brand Club, Finance Club, Marketing Club and Operations Club, KIAMS promotes intellectual development of the students in their chosen fields. A unique and dynamic learning experience from 9 am to 9 pm, with a big dollop of fun; that’s what campus life at KIAMS is all about.
Faculty KIAMS gives its faculty a unique opportunity to grapple with live business issues through Consultancy projects and visioning exercises. In the early days, the faculty have been involved in Consultancy assignments such as Strategic planning assignments for K-Group, Business Process Reengineering for Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd., Strategic repositioning for Kirloskar Brothers, AOP planning for (the erstwhile) Kirloskar Copeland and Competitive Marketing Strategies for NDDB. The more recent assignments include Process Orientation Training for the Group. Overseas Assignments include Human Capital Restructuring for Abdullah Hashim Co Ltd, Saudi Arabia and executive coaching for Dubai businessman. The consultancies are a rich source of experiential knowledge that guides the faculty teaching and research endeavours.
- KIAMS has been ranked No.4 in India, just behind the IIMs, in the NHRDN-People Matters B-School Ranking 2016 for Leadership & Governance.
- Ranked A++ consistently by Business India
- Ranked 10th among best private B-Schools in Karnataka by GHRDC
- Ranked 43rd among top private B-Schools in India by Business World
- Ranked 32nd among best private B-Schools in India by Careers 360
- AAA+ among best private B-Schools in South India by Careers 360
- Ranked 48th among top B-Schools in India by Outlook
- Ranked 25th in what if not IIMs B-School Survey 2016 by Silicon India
- Received National Education Award of “B-School with Industry Related Curriculum in Market ” by ABP
- Received Knowledge Management Leadership Award at Taj Dubai Asia Education Award 2015 ALA-Dubai
- Received Knowledge Management Leadership Award 2016 at Malaysia by GpTGGTA-2015
- CSR Top Institutes of India Award for the year 2016
- Outstanding Education Institute Overall ABP
- Ranked 121st among ‘Overall colleges of India’s best B-school’ by Business Today, 2015
- Best paper award during Conference on Managing Higher Education at Rourkela, India in 2013.
- Faculty Received INCAS award From ICFAI National College in 2009
- Best Faculty Award by IIM in 2004
Entrance Exam Accepted:
CAT/ MAT/ CMAT
50 % in academic & 50 %ile in entrance exam
Application Form Charge:
Initial Registration Fee:
Scholarship will be awarded to meritorious students as follows –
- Students who have qualified CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA entrance exams securing 95 percentile and above will be provided with the concession of Rs. 1,00,000/- in the total course fee
- Students who have qualified CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ATMA entrance exams securing 90 to 95 percentile will be provided with the concession of Rs. 60,000/- in the total course fee
- Students who are eligible for Rs. 1,00,000/- concession will receive a rebate of Rs. 25,000/- in each of the instalment (starting with the third instalment) provided the latest GPA/ CGPA on each semester is 3.5 or more, and there are no disciplinary issues until the instalment date
- Students who are eligible for Rs. 60,000/- concession will receive a rebate of Rs. 15,000/- in each of the instalment (starting with the third instalment) provided the latest GPA/ CGPA on each semester is 3.2 or more, and there are no disciplinary issues until the instalment date
Naukri.com Airtel IKYA Human Capital Solutions AC Neilsen Capital IQ Bridgestone Deloitte Vodafone Citi Bank Berger Paints MTS Yardstick Educational Initiatives Pvt Ltd Markets & Markets Kirloskar Brothers Ltd. Madura Fashion & Lifestyle Magicbricks.com Kotak Securities Ltd. Jaro Education ICICI Securities Ltd. Quikr India Pvt. Ltd. Axis Bank CRISIL CarWale Tata AIG General Insurance ICICI Bank Ommne Services Vernalis SG Analytics Pvt. Ltd.
Last Year Placement Details:
- Highest: 14.00 Lakhs/Annum
- Average: 5.35 Lakhs/Annum
- Lowest: 5.25 Lakhs/Annum
- Total enrollment :
- Undergraduate/graduate ratio :
- No. of international students :
- % of international students :
- No. of faculty :
- Student faculty ratio :
- No. of staff :
- Annual revenue :
- Amazing Compass
- Residential Hostel
- Industry focus learning
- Teaching skills